A9 Vehicle Telematics Unit
Vehicle Locator and Telematics Unit
The Aplicom A9 is Thorcom's entry-level option for vehicle tracking, location and telemetry use. Internal GPS and GSM antennas save installation time, space and costs. Thorcom firmware and application software is included to provide highly reliable tracking, mileage reporting, and driver behaviour monitoring, and is compatible with other A-series products from Thorcom.
Thorcom uses the A9 unit's connections and interfaces to integrate with vehicle systems. These include:
- OBD-II (CAN) interface for vehicle ECU derived telematics, including MIL Lamp Status and Vehicle Trouble Codes
- 2 Digital Inputs, including Ignition State
- Vehicle mileage from OBD-II port, or from GPS journey data
- Integrated vehicle power management with 'wake on jolt' and internal battery backup
- Internal GPS and GSM antennas (external GPS as an option)
- High performance GPS receiver with self-assisted A-GPS support
- Driver and passenger recognition using RFID cards or Dallas iButton
- Status Messaging via button presses
- Emergency or Under Duress notification
- LED and Audible Alerts, controlled by the A9, or over-air from control
Incident Data Recorder (IDR)
The A9 is not recommended for use as an IDR due to its mounting arrangements and relatively low digital input count. Instead, for IDR use, Thorcom recommends the A1. It is possible to combine A1 and A9 use within the same fleet.
Reliable and Future-proofed
The A9 is small and tough, and can be configured to meet current needs and adapted to meet future needs too. The A9 code, configuration and behavioural trigger thresholds are updateable over-the-air. The A9 has been extensively tested for operation in harsh mobile environments, with full performance maintained between -30°C and+70°C.